Rock ‘n’ Slash is a game I created in less than 48 hours for Ludum Dare 23. It’s a simple arcade game where your goal is to stay alive and increase your score by killing enemies with your gun and sword. Since the theme for Ludum Dare 23 was “Tiny World,” the game takes place on a tiny island in the sky. Enjoy!
Source and License
You can find the full source for at its GitHub repository. I’ll warn you that the code is more messy than I would have liked, which is pretty normal for Ludum Dare due to the time limit. Everything is licensed under the zlib/libpng license. FlashPunk is licensed under the MIT license.
- FlashPunk – The awesome Flash game engine.
- TextMate – Text editor to write the code.
- Pixen – Pixel art to make most of the art.
- Bfxr – Sound effect generator.
- Audacity – Sound editor which I used to convert all sound effects to MP3 format.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements – Cut down version of the most used image editor, Photoshop. I used this, along with my Wacom pad, to create the backgrounds and vignette.
Like last time, thanks to the guys Ludum Dare for running this awesome competition. Thanks to Chevy Ray and Draknek for FlashPunk. Finally, thanks to my parents for being supportive as always.