Labyrinthian was created in under 48 hours for Ludum Dare 31. It's a dark, possibly unnerving, game where you must attempt to navigate through a series shifting rooms equipped with only a flashlight and a pistol. Monsters lurk in the dark making the journey that much harder.
The unique mechanic of the game is how the levels change. On every level there is a secluded wall that when you look at it, the world will change behind your back. This is keeping within the competition's theme of "Entire Game on One Screen".
Be warned, the game is a little buggy, and has been known to cause frustration due to its difficulty and occasional tedium.
To run the game on Windows the executable must be in the same folder with the accompanied DLL files. To run the
.love file, you'll need LÖVE 0.9.1 or above, which you can download from its homepage.
Source and Licence
Here's a timelapse of my 39 hours work putting the game together, compressed into 3.5 minutes.
- LÖVE 0.9.1 - The game engine.
- Sublime Text 2 - Text editor.
- Pixen - Pixel art editor.
- Ogmo Editor 0.9 - Level editor. 0.9 is the old AIR version.
- Bfxr - Sound effect generator based on Sfxr.
- Logic Pro 9 - Audio composition program, used for the background sound.
- Audacity - Sound editor which I used to convert all sound effects to Ogg.